$289.00 – $359.00
|1- Drawbar||1- Slider with Gauge|
|1- 2″ Ball||1- 2-5/16″ Ball|
|1- Ball Retaining Pin||1- Lock Plate Key Assembly|
|1- Dust Lock Cover|
Built-in Tongue Weight Scale
The Weigh Safe Drop Hitch is the one and only trailer hitch with a built-in scale that signals you to adjust your load before you hit the road, resulting in a much safer and enjoyable towing experience. Before this ball mount, gauging your trailer’s tongue weight was a hassle. You had to rely on inefficient bathroom scales, make a trip to the weigh station, or purchase a separate tongue weight scale. But with the Weigh Safe’s built-in scale, measuring your tongue weight is as easy as coupling your trailer to your ball mount. Simply hook-up your trailer to the Weigh Safe ball mount just as you would any other ball mount. The weight of your trailer will push down on the hitch ball, which in turn pushes down on an internal hydraulic piston that sits on a bed of oil. When the piston drops into the oil, the pressure reading is sent out to the scale.
How it Works
What is tongue weight and why is it important?
Tongue weight (TW) refers to the weight that the fully loaded trailer exerts downward on the hitch ball of the tow vehicle. Tongue weight is typically 10 percent – and should not exceed 15 percent – of your gross trailer weight. For example, a 10,000-lb trailer should have a tongue weight between 1,000 lbs and 1,500 lbs. You can adjust the tongue weight of your trailer by removing or adding cargo, or redistributing the load on the trailer. The tongue weight should not exceed the capacity of your tow vehicle, your hitch, or any of your towing components.
Simply put, too little tongue weight can cause trailer sway and too much tongue weight can cause the tow vehicle to perform poorly. You may have difficulty steering, gaining traction, or braking when driving a setup that has too much weight pushing down on the rear of the vehicle. Ultimately, towing with an improper tongue weight can cause you to lose control of your vehicle or cause your trailer to separate from the vehicle.
- Tongue weight scale built into the ball mount platform helps you balance your trailer
- Promotes safe towing – lets you know if your load needs to be adjusted before you tow
- Simple operation – automatically provides a measurement every time you couple your trailer
- Efficient and hassle-free – eliminates the need for separate or commercial scales
- 6061 T6 billet aluminum shank and mounting platform provide superior strength and durability
- Solid block construction provides greater strength than hollow steel competitors while also maintaining a light weight
- Rustproof for a clean finish that stands the test of time
|Features||4″ Drop Hitch||6″ Drop Hitch||8″ Drop Hitch||10″ Drop Hitch|
1-7/8 add-on option”
8000 lbs – 2” ball
10,000 lbs – 2-5/16” ball (2” shaft)
14,500 lbs – 2-5/16” ball (2.5” shaft)
21,000 lbs – 2-5/16″ ball (3″ shaft)
|V5 & J684 certified|
|Drop Hitch Adjustment|
|Weight||16 lbs||18 lbs||19 lbs||20 lbs|
|Hitch Pin Hole|
|Compatible with Clam Shell|